Tenable Continues to Shift Left: Enhances Open Source Capabilities and Expands Cloud Native Support
November 30, 2021
Built for developers by developers, Terrascan embeds security into native DevOps tooling, pipelines and the supply chain
Tenable®, the Cyber Exposure company, today announced new features for Terrascan, the leading open source cloud native security analyzer that helps developers secure Infrastructure as Code (IaC). The new capabilities enable organizations to embed security into their DevOps tooling, pipelines and supply chains, mitigating risks before infrastructure is provisioned.
“It’s now more critical than ever for developers to have tools that can detect compliance and security violations across their entire cloud systems, including IaC,” said Nico Popp chief product officer, Tenable. “Just as IaC opens the door to programmatically embed policy checks earlier in the development lifecycle, Terrascan detects compliance and security violations across IaC to mitigate risk before provisioning. We are committed to ensuring Terrascan remains open and available to all development teams and are excited to contribute to its growth.”
Among other advances, Terrascan now features:
- The ability to identify security risks in more IaC and container definition formats
- Integration with all major container registries, including to identify vulnerabilities in container images referenced by IaC
- More flexible developer workflows, including the programmatic enforcement of security policies before changes are committed into the code repository and before they are applied to the runtime environment
- Improved ability to filter and prioritize findings according to user needs
- Deeper integration with external dashboards and reporting frameworks
- A new graphical user interface to simplify creation and testing of new policies
Terrascan delivers a scalable way to ensure that cloud infrastructure configuration adheres to evolving security best practices. It helps identify issues such as missing or misconfigured encryption on resources and communication, and inadvertent exposure of cloud services. Terrascan fundamentally enhances the value of IaC used by organizations to define and manage cloud infrastructure, and improves security by enabling teams to eliminate risk before infrastructure is deployed.
In addition to Terrascan, Tenable offers Accurics by Tenable, so enterprise customers can protect the full cloud-native stack throughout the DevOps lifecycle, from the time it is defined in code through production usage.
Tenable®, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. 全球超過有 30,000 家企業仰賴 Tenable 協助瞭解並降低網路風險。身為 Nessus® 的創造者，Tenable 拓展了自己在弱點方面的專業知識，以提供全球第一個可在任何運算平台上查看和維護任何數位資產安全的平台。在 Tenable 的客戶中，包含超過 50% 的財星 500 大企業、超過 30% 的全球 2000 大企業以及大型政府機構。Learn more at www.tenable.com.
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.