Despite having vulnerability management solutions deployed, organizations continue to be compromised.Tenable Network Security commissioned Forrester Consulting to assess the current state and effectiveness of vulnerability management.The research included an in-depth survey of 180 US-based security leaders from multiple verticals including financial services, government, healthcare, higher education, retail, and utilities/energy.
The results were surprising:
- 83% of security professionals were concerned about security gaps between vulnerability scans
- 79% claimed they were more likely to miss critical vulnerabilities due to insufficient data to narrow down appropriate endpoints for scanning
- 77% experience challenges with basic asset discovery
- However, security professionals who view vulnerability management strategically as a crucial component to their risk reduction efforts are more likely to be satisfied with continuous monitoring.
Download the study to understand:
- Why traditional vulnerability management doesn't address the challenges of the extended enterprise
- Why companies are changing from a compliance-based approach to one focused on risk
- How to eliminate the gaps in detecting vulnerabilities and threats
- How to transition to a more strategic risk management program